Amazon Business has always aimed to empower MSMEs as a one-stop destination with over 20 Cr GST enabled products across top categories to cater to their distinct business needs. Today, Amazon Business shared insights about how Amazon Business customers in the state continue to access a wide selection of products across multiple categories, drive great savings on purchases and improve their overall profitability.
In the last year, Amazon Business has significantly grown its customer base, seeing an increase of over 90% y-o-y in India and has been especially helping MSMEs rebound from operational challenges caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. During these challenging times, customers have turned to Amazon Business, leading to a 70% increase in buying customers and 35% increase in monthly active users.
Apart from Lucknow, customers in smaller towns such as Noida, Ghaziabad, Lucknow, Kanpur, Agra and Varanasi among others have seen an increase in orders on Amazon Business in the last few months. Popular product categories for Amazon Business customers in the region include laptops, printers, network storage solutions, electronics, pantry supplies, office supplies to name a few. In 2020, we were able to cater to demand from businesses for corporate gifting products, work from home essentials like office chairs, desks, Wi-Fi routers and workforce protection safety supplies.
“As a sense of normalcy returns in business operations, we are greatly humbled by the response and trust Amazon business customers have shown during these difficult times. Amazon Business has seen a tremendous response in Uttar Pradesh seeing a 78% uptake in adoption. This further encourages us to help MSMEs in the region leverage Amazon Business to save more on their work purchases and increase their profitability.” said Peter George, Director of Amazon Business.
Amazon Business trends in Uttar Pradesh
· In the last year, Amazon Business saw a participation from over 50K MSME buyers from the region
· 78% increase in new MSMEs who created a business account with Amazon Business during 2020-21
· All this came on the back of over 20 Cr. GST selection made available during the last year
· We have witnessed a 1.7X increase Y-o-Y in the number of customers placing bulk orders and saving more through quantity discounts.
· More than 3 lakh sellers offered Business exclusive deals in 2020-21
· Thousands of customers participated in Business Value Days in 2020 – Amazon Business’ Monthly business event with business exclusive deals and cashbacks for greater savings; this resulted in over INR 2.7cr. savings for businesses
· Tier 2 and Tier 3 markets saw 65% spike in orders and 1.7X jump in sales
· Among the state, Noida, Ghaziabad and Lucknow clocked the highest spike in sales
· Top categories sold were PC, Laptops, Mobile Phones, TVs and Large Appliances
· Top-selling brands in computers are HP, Lenovo, Dell and Apple
· Popular in TVs this season were LG, Oneplus, Samsung, Mi
· Popular in Large Appliances were Samsung, IFB, Godrej, Whirlpool, Haier, Bosch, Bluestar, Voltas
Mukesh Sharma of Bella Lifestyles, Lucknow who is a customer on Amazon Business said “Amazon business offers a huge variety of products for all my business needs at a very competitive pricing, available at my door step which otherwise may be a challenge sourcing from the field. Earlier I would struggle with my GST billing, however post creation of my Amazon business account I drive recurring GST savings without any hassles and 7-10% discount on bulk quantities is icing on the cake. Amazon capability to serve remotest of the areas along with flexibility to ship multiple locations has been a huge benefit to my business. Looking forward to continue and grow the partnership.”
There are over 3.7 lakh sellers selling to business customers on Amazon Business. In addition to a wide selection of products, Amazon Business also helps MSMEs run their business more efficiently by helping them tackle their indirect spends which brings down costs and improves the ease of doing business with features such as Multi-user accounts and Approvals, spend analytics and safe and reliable delivery thanks Amazon’s trusted and world-class fulfilment network.
About Amazon Business
Amazon Business is a new business friendly marketplace on Amazon.in launched to meet the business-procurement needs of different institutions such as hospitals, clinics, manufacturers, universities, schools, NGOs, government bodies and offices. Amazon provides technology-led procurement solutions built specifically for businesses, attractive pricing and a convenient and transparent shopping experience associated with Amazon. For more information, visit https://business.amazon.in