Step 8: Get Feedback and Improve
Step 9: Register Your Business and Establishing your Business Legally
- Decide upon the Legal Structure of your Online Business
- Enquire if you need to get a Tax Identification Number for your Business
- Get the necessary Licenses and Permits to Run your Online Business
Step 10: Opening a Bank Account
Step 11: Build your Business Website
- Using a Pre-Built Platform
- Building a Website from Scratch
Step 12: Payment Gateways
Step 13: Supply Chain and Logistics
Step 14: Attracting Customers to your Website
- SEO Marketing
- Word of Mouth
- Retargeting the potential consumers
- Do’s and Don’ts of Digital Marketing for your Online Business
Online Business Examples
Now that you have a handle on how to start your online business online, you can materialize your business idea. But if you are an aspiring entrepreneur looking for e-business examples, we have some business ideas that could help you decide.
- Dropshipping business
- Start your own line of clothing
- Become an online coach or counselor
- Become an influencer
- Dip your toe in affiliate marketing
- Freelance your skills
- Become an app or website developer
- Launch a podcast
- Focus on niche business
- Book publishing
- Sell artisan products
Depending on your calling and interest, pick an e-business venture and become a part of the online business community. To know more about the online business trends of 2022, check out this page.
How to Make a Business Plan
Starting an online business is not possible without a clear vision and a business plan. We have some pointers on how to make a business plan, making the question of how to start an online business in India easier.
Here’s a quick stepwise guide on drafting a business plan:
Step 1: Start with an executive summary. Introduce your business with details on key members, address, business’s name & background, and services or goods offered.
Step 2: Draft your business/ company description. Highlight your target market, how you differ from your competitors, and what you're capitalizing on.
Step 3: Summarize the market research and competitor analysis.
Step 4: Service/ product description
Step 5: Request finding based on the marketing and sales strategy
Step 6: Provide financial analysis or projects to represent your business’s stability
Step 7: Include appendix for additional documents, patents, charts, or other information.
Useful Tips for Online Business
By now, your understanding on how to start an online business in India should have strengthened. As an added bonus we have a few online business tips for you that may help you business:
- Integrate, update, and organize your online content frequently. For an e-business, online assets are everything.
- Always keep a tab on your competitors
- Maintain your company and customer’s records
- Uphold your brand’s reputation- invest in marketing strategies like Affiliate, social media, SEO.
- Analyze and be aware of the social media trends
- Don’t give up easily, be persistent with your efforts
How can Amazon Business help in Starting an Online Business in India?
Amazon could help launch your online store by saving you from the hassle of website creation. With Amazon, you could easily start your e-business swiftly by becoming a seller on Amazon. To become an Amazon seller, all you need are GST details, PAN details, and a working email ID.
Once you become a registered Amazon seller, listing your products is easy. You have to pick the products from the existing listing page, and your online store is open on Amazon for business. Click here for a walk-through on how to list your products on Amazon.
Make a leap towards your dream and register as an Amazon seller here.
We hope this guide was significant in asserting how to start an online business in India. The dynamic India market, accentuating the scope of e-commerce, endless business scope, deep-rooted globalization, and unique demography, presents an ideal blend for starting online. Don’t be afraid to seize the sea of opportunities around you and materialize your business ideas in virtual space.
Explore our Buying Guides